The focus of the Emotional fitness module is to fundamentally strengthen the inner being of each participant. The holistic, participatory approach will empower an individual to choose and to focus on what is important for him/her. Participants are taken on a journey of sharpened awareness, interpersonal relationships, leadership and direction in a constantly challenging and changing world.
Drawing from a rich mix of activities, the core skills module seeks to support and direct young adults who are looking for real direction, change and purpose.
These skills and experiences include:
- Fostering a global/international outlook
- Developing a collaborative outlook and building a positive team work ethic
- Stimulating critical thought
- Creative and innovative stimulation
- Leadership and Followership experiences
- Developing a team player outlook
- Exploring a values focused life
- A transformation to a solution oriented, not problem fixated attitude
- Becoming passionate about themselves and the potential to achieve success.
- Responsibility and accountability become personal priorities.
- Coping with change and generating new levels of confidence to explore possibilities and take bold action and embrace new challenges
- Developing a greater emotional insight and resilienceImplement self-correction
- An expanded capacity for observation and reflection
- Setting new standards of accountability and responsibility